Guide to Making The Right Choice when choosing your stroller.
The team at JUNIORJONES have created this helpful guide for ‘making the right choice’ when deciding which stroller will suit you and your lifestyle perfectly.
Shopping for a stroller can be a daunting experience with so many options to consider. When we chat with our customers, many of them don’t even know where to start, so we generally ask questions about their lifestyle and activities to help understand what features and functions they need from their stroller in order to make daily life easier.
How Should A Stroller Fit My Lifestyle?
- Are you looking for a complete travel system for your newborn?
- Travelling by car? Will you need a separate car seat and adaptors? Will the stroller fit comfortably into your boot?
- Do you already have a little one still using a stroller? Do you need a tandem?
- Are you expecting twins?
- Are you planning on two babies reasonably close together? If so, do you need a stroller which can be converted to a tandem?
- Do you live in the City and usually use public transport? Do you need something that will zip through the underground turnstiles or fold easily for the overhead compartment on a train?
- Apartment living? Do you have to contend with lots of stairs and need something ultra-compact and lightweight?
- Do you like taking long family walks in the woods through rough terrain or do you spend a lot of time out and about shopping in the City?
- Travelling abroad often? Will you need an ultra-compact and lightweight stroller that can fit in an overhead compartment on an airline?
- Would you prefer a stroller that is parent-facing, forward facing or one with both options?
- Are you looking for a compact stroller for Grandparents to have on hand when babysitting?
What Should I look For In A Good Stroller?
- If you intend to use your stroller with a newborn, the stroller should have a fully lie-flat feature. Having your baby laying flat helps to promote the healthy development of organs and aides oxygen de-saturation.
- An adjustable seat position and harness will allow the stroller to adapt as baby grows.
- A good stroller should be comfortable for baby and easy to push for you. Strollers with good suspension will keep baby undisturbed when up and down kerbs or on uneven terrain.
- You should be able to fold your stroller easily without removing the seat unit.
- The hood should have a good ventilation panel to allow air flow through on warmer days.
- An adjustable handle height is a bonus if you and your partner differ in height.
- Do you want to use your stroller with a car seat? If so, are car seat adaptors available?
- The brakes on your stroller should be excellent quality and easy to tap on and off.
- Your stroller should comply with the latest UK and European safety standards.
- A good stroller should come with a full warranty.
What Are The Benefits Of A Carrycot?
- Carrycots offer a fully lie-flat, safe place for baby to sleep. It is important that your new baby lies flat for the first few months. This is to help to promote the healthy development of organs and aides oxygen de-saturation. If your stroller seat unit does not have a fully lie-flat feature, then you will need a carrycot.
- A carrycot which has been tested and approved for occasional overnight sleeping is ideal if you plan on regular nights away regularly.
- If your stroller has a fully lie-flat feature, suitable from birth, the decision to purchase a carrycot is completely optional.
What Accessories Should I Buy For My Stroller?
- You will need car seat adaptors if you are planning to create a complete ‘travel system’ You will need to check that the car seat you purchase is compatible with the stroller.
- A footmuff is the perfect way to keep baby warm and cosy on colder days and can be easily attached to and removed from your stroller.
- Seat liners can add extra comfort for your baby and as it’s easily removable it will help prevent spills and stains to the fabric of your seat unit.
- A sun canopy is ideal for Summer and holidays abroad, it will help protect baby from the sun’s harmful rays but always remember to apply a high sun screen.
- An Insect net can be quickly attached to the front of the stroller to help protect your little one from bugs whilst out and about.
- A changing bag is perfect for having everything to hand whilst out and about. Changing bags have really evolved into super stylish bags in their own right! Most are highly practical and have separate pockets and compartments to keep everything exactly where you need it.
We hope you have found everything in this guide helpful in making the right choice of stroller.
Visit our SHOP here to browse our range of stroller and accessories.
HAPPY SHOPPING from all at JUNIORJONES!
Let's Stay In Touch